Application Process & FAQ

Moderator: LSPD Recruitment

LSPD
Discord User Name:

Application Process & FAQ

Application Process

1. Application Stage
You submit the application on our website, online. Once submitted, the application will be reviewed by a Representative of the Recruitment Division. The Representative will review the submitted answers and information, cross-check them with our selection criteria and perform any necessary background checks.

During this stage after you summit your application give our recruitment staff a maximum of 48 hours to respond to your application. If by any manner your application has not been responded with in that frame time, please go head and contact the Recruitment Representative and for the last resort, contact the Chief of Police.

You should receive a response to your application as a reply. It could ether be On Hold for a deeper review, On Hold awaiting changes in your application giving you the opportunity to make edit changes, Pending Interview were your written application has been accepted and now is awaiting a live interview with one of our members of the Recruitment Division or Accepted were you have pass the written application and the live interview.

2. Interview Stage
If an applicant passes the application stage, they must then sit down with a recruitment representative for a formal interview. The formal interview will assess the applicant's knowledge of our department and law enforcement in general, their interpersonal abilities and most importantly, their communication skills. There is no wrong or right answers during the formal interview, it consists of mainly hypothetical and open-ended questions. The interview is performed at the Los Santos Police Department based at our Mission Row Precinct. The interview will start promptly and applicants must arrive fifteen minutes before the interview for registration and a security search. A recruitment representative will test you on a series of questions to assess competencies, some questions will be focused on the applicant's professional background and various competencies. At this time, the Los Santos Police Department are unable to discuss specifics around competency testing.

3. Academy Training
If an applicant passes the third stage of the recruitment process, they will have to sit through an academy with one of our Academy Instructors. The length of this academy varies depending on how many questions are asked, how many attendees there are, and if there are any other inconveniences along the way. The estimated time for an academy is 1.5 hours, give or take, so prepare beforehand.

4. Welcome to the Los Santos Police Department
Once an Academy Student passes all 3 stages of the recruitment process, they will be sworn in as a Police Officer I. As a Police Officer I, you still have a lot to learn and you will partake in the Field Training Program. You should be ready to face a period of 1 week of learning and assessments, this period may not be the funnest period in the department but it's necessary and worth it in the end.

How lengthy is the Recruitment Process?
The recruitment stage takes on average from 3 - 7 days, whereas the academy stage is dependent on how many applicants we have pending an academy. Academies are scheduled by the Academy Instructors, with the Academy Students - so depending on the number of Academy Students that are pending, determines when the Academy will take place.
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the first step in the process?

A: Visit http://gov.storyrp.net and follow the correct marked areas then fill out the online application.

Q: What does it mean to have a background befitting to become a police officer?

A: Los Santos Police Department is looking for individuals that demonstrate positive personal and professional growth and consistent adherence to the law.

Q: If I have too many tickets or a minor misdemeanour, will I have trouble becoming a police officer?
A: It is to be determined on a case-by-case basis, and it depends on the seriousness of the misdemeanour and on how many and how recently the tickets were issued. The reason for the ticket is also taken into consideration.

Q: What is the uniform policy?
A: You are required to wear a uniform unless you are a Staff Officer or a Police Detective in the Detective Bureau.

Q: Will my tattoos affect my ability to become an officer?
A: It depends on the nature of the tattoo(s). Candidates with tattoos are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Candidates with tattoos who are subsequently hired must ensure that the tattoos are not visible to the public while on-duty.

Q: Do I get paid while in the police academy?
A: Yes. Your start earning salary and benefits from your first day at the academy!

Q: How do I go on a police ride along?
A: You must visit our Ride Along Program on the Los Santos Police Department website and fill out a short form to apply for a ride along, which will be reviewed and a decision made by a Los Santos Police Department staff member. Cadets that are pending academy do not need to fill out an application to go on a ride-along.