San Andreas EMS Roles/Responsibilities and Callsigns

Moderators: SAMS High Command, SAMS Medical Director, SAMS Assistant Director

Kate Watchel
Discord User Name: Ryschnides#4274

San Andreas EMS Roles/Responsibilities and Callsigns

San Andreas Emergency Medical Services
SAEMS ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES/CALLSIGNS

High Command

Medical Director: Oversees all medical operations in the state, issues all medical licenses, sets certification standards.
Assistant Medical Director: Aids the Medical Director in overseeing medical operations and setting certification standards.
EMS Chief: Helps to oversee SAEMS operations. Helps to create and uphold regulations and practice standards.

Callsign: MED followed by a single digit number, i.e. MED-01

Command

Captain: Oversees supervising officers. Helps to form department policies. May run own station.
Lieutenant: Helps to oversee supervising officers.

Callsign: MED followed by double digit numbers i.e. MED-10

Supervisors

Paramedic II: Oversees regular patrol officers, helps to train EMR’s and Cadets. Advanced medical knowledge and experience. Can handle severe and/or life threatening injuries.

Callsign: A(lpha) followed by a three digit number. i.e. A-100

Patrol Officers

Paramedic I: Advanced medical knowledge and experience, helps to train EMR’s and Cadets. Can handle serious injuries.

Callsign: Para followed by a 2 digit number i.e. Para-11

EMT II: Moderate medical knowledge and experience. May help to train other officers. Can handle moderate to serious injuries.
EMT I: Adequate medical knowledge, little to no experience. Can handle moderate injuries.

Callsign: For both EMT I and EMT II Medic followed by a 2 digit number i.e Medic-20.

Responders

EMR: Some medical knowledge, little to no experience. Unable to patrol by themselves, can handle basic injuries.

Callsign: EMR followed by a number i.e. EMR-7.

Cadets: Have not passed basic training, must be riding with an EMT II or higher, can treat basic injuries with adequate supervision.

Callsign: Cadet followed by a number i.e. Cadet-5.

All Units: If you are paired with another unit your callsign will be either BLS (if riding with an EMT) or ALS (if riding with a paramedic) followed by the number of whichever Unit is higher ranking. I.e. if David rides with Dr. Watchel their callsign would be ALS-01.